A successful move is more often a product of good planning rather than good luck. To help alleviate some of your moving stress, we have provided some informative articles and a moving checklist, that can help you avoid needless headaches.
Greg and Sons Moving Tips
- Check the reputation of your moving company. Ensure that they are a member of the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM). This is important as you are entrusting your valued and often irreplaceable possessions to them.
- Notify utilities when to discontinue service.
- Make arrangements in advance for all services at your new home.
- Make moving arrangements as far ahead as possible.
- To eliminate costly waiting time, schedule mover’s arrival at new address to coincide with the arrival time of your key.
- Carry currency, jewellery and valuable papers with you. Movers will not accept responsibility for articles of extraordinary value.
- Notify post office of change in address.
- Be sure to notify Bureau of vehicle registration of change of address.
- Notify school authorities so they may forward you children’s records to their new school.
- Make sure to have all items being cleaned, repaired, and or stored returned to you before you move.
- Arrange to transfer your bank account to your new location.
- Take a telephone book with you, it will come in handy for checking addresses, etc.
- Throw away inflammables – such as lighter fluids, gasoline, matches.
- Ensure that all packing boxes are taped closed, top & bottom.
- Any items, such as luggage, that are not included in your goods to be moved should be kept separate.
- When marking cartons we suggest you mark contents both on top and on the side for easy identification.
- If storing your goods, inspect the warehouse facilities of your moving company.
- Go through the house with truck foreman when he comes to your home, giving any special Instructions you may have.
- Advise truck driver where you may be contacted at new destination.
- Any fixtures fastened to the wall, drapery, track, etc. should be taken down for the movers if they are to be moved.
- On moving day, check attic, basement and garage to make sure all wanted items are taken on truck.
- All furniture should be empty prior to moving. Remove contents from dressers, file cabinets, desks and night tables.
- Disconnect & pack electronics, including stereo components, computers, DVD players & lamps.
- Call your Movers in Toronto Greg and Son’s Moving and Storage.
Visit Our Moving Supplies Store
We have every type of moving supply you will need to pack your entire home. Our moving boxes come in a wide variety of sizes, from small cartons that can hold books and medium sized for dense objects, to large boxes that will hold lightweight, larger objects. We also have dishpack boxes, bubble wrap and packing paper for your kitchen and dining room needs. We stock wardrobe boxes, mattress covers, mirror and picture boxes. Visit our Toronto Retail Store to get the moving supplies you will need to get your packing job done right. Greg and Sons Moving your Toronto Moving Company.
We were extremely stressed during our closing process which occurred during the housing market change and were also very stressed at the prospect of having to move our 4-bedroom house from Newmarket to a smaller rental in Brampton. All of our stress melted away when we saw the crew in action and realized that this was the best service we ever invested in. Chris, Darren, James, and Pat arrived on time at 8am and proceeded to swiftly empty our house and load all items with care into the truck. Each piece of our furniture was treated like a baby and carefully wrapped in padding and securely stacked in the truck. Our house was left in perfect condition and these gentlemen were extremely efficient, conscientious, and professional. All items were promptly unloaded at our rental and put away according to our instructions. The crew eliminated all stress for us and finished hours earlier than we anticipated. All furniture arrived in perfect condition and no damage occurred to our house or our rental. We will be moving again next year when our new house is built and will most definitely be enlisting the services of Greg & Sons again. This team is worth every penny and made moving day easy. Thank you so much to each of the crew - Chris, Darren, James and Pat, you're all top notch professionals and hope to see you again next year.
This is the second time we have used Greg & Sons Moving and Storage. I know their rates may be higher than some other movers, but they are worth every penny! The quote we were given was exact, and a reminder call for the move put our minds at ease knowing they'd be on time. They were prompt, organized and careful with everything. The crew worked fast and hard, all the while singing and joking with one another, and in good spirits. They were polite and even helped us with some last minute packing and moving of items to our cars. We had ALOT to move and it only took them 7 hours from beginning to end, including travel time. (I know from others who moved less stuff than us, it took 8-12 hours for them with other movers.) Upon arrival at the new house, they had to contend with heat, mud, construction and a total mess and lack of space on the road but they just kept on at a fast pace. All furniture was dissembled and wrapped, then reassembled when it was unloaded. When they placed furniture in the rooms in our new house, they were kind enough to move it around to our liking. If we ever move again, we will call Greg & Sons for sure! Outstanding!! We highly recommend them!!!
I would like to thank Greg & Sons for a great moving experience. Cameron was thorough, professional and knowledgeable when he came to the house to provide us with a quote. All charges were clearly identified with no hidden costs. Mike, Keith, James and Zen were fantastic with the move. They were careful with our items, protected our floor at both addresses and miraculously fit everything into the truck. The move went smoothly, no damage or complaints. Great guys to deal with!!! Greg & Sons, I'm not surprised that you've been in the business for over 30 years. Maureen and the other young lady (sorry can't recall her name). You were both great and we appreciate the confirmation email and the phone call just before the move to ensure we were ready. Thank you so much and if we ever have to move again, we will definitely give you a call. C & C