A successful move is more often a product of good planning rather than good luck. To help alleviate some of your moving stress, we have provided some informative articles and a moving checklist, that can help you avoid needless headaches.
Greg and Sons Moving Tips
- Check the reputation of your moving company. Ensure that they are a member of the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM). This is important as you are entrusting your valued and often irreplaceable possessions to them.
- Notify utilities when to discontinue service.
- Make arrangements in advance for all services at your new home.
- Make moving arrangements as far ahead as possible.
- To eliminate costly waiting time, schedule mover’s arrival at new address to coincide with the arrival time of your key.
- Carry currency, jewellery and valuable papers with you. Movers will not accept responsibility for articles of extraordinary value.
- Notify post office of change in address.
- Be sure to notify Bureau of vehicle registration of change of address.
- Notify school authorities so they may forward you children’s records to their new school.
- Make sure to have all items being cleaned, repaired, and or stored returned to you before you move.
- Arrange to transfer your bank account to your new location.
- Take a telephone book with you, it will come in handy for checking addresses, etc.
- Throw away inflammables – such as lighter fluids, gasoline, matches.
- Ensure that all packing boxes are taped closed, top & bottom.
- Any items, such as luggage, that are not included in your goods to be moved should be kept separate.
- When marking cartons we suggest you mark contents both on top and on the side for easy identification.
- If storing your goods, inspect the warehouse facilities of your moving company.
- Go through the house with truck foreman when he comes to your home, giving any special Instructions you may have.
- Advise truck driver where you may be contacted at new destination.
- Any fixtures fastened to the wall, drapery, track, etc. should be taken down for the movers if they are to be moved.
- On moving day, check attic, basement and garage to make sure all wanted items are taken on truck.
- All furniture should be empty prior to moving. Remove contents from dressers, file cabinets, desks and night tables.
- Disconnect & pack electronics, including stereo components, computers, DVD players & lamps.
- Call your Movers in Toronto Greg and Son’s Moving and Storage.
Visit Our Moving Supplies Store
We have every type of moving supply you will need to pack your entire home. Our moving boxes come in a wide variety of sizes, from small cartons that can hold books and medium sized for dense objects, to large boxes that will hold lightweight, larger objects. We also have dishpack boxes, bubble wrap and packing paper for your kitchen and dining room needs. We stock wardrobe boxes, mattress covers, mirror and picture boxes. Visit our Toronto Retail Store to get the moving supplies you will need to get your packing job done right. Greg and Sons Moving your Toronto Moving Company.
Hi there, At the age of 75 moving after a lifetime in the same house moving is a scary prospect. However I can not tell you how impressed I was with Greg & Sons. From first contact with the salesman (Cameron I think) through to the planning (Maureen I think) to the actual move itself. Your moving guys (I wish I could remember the names although the supervisor was a family member) were excellent. They were careful, professional & conscious of all my requirements & admonitions (be careful). Also the cost was well within my planned expectations. I would certainly both use them again & will recommend them strongly as & when the need arises. You may use this e-mail in your media advertising.
The day started with them arriving exactly when they said they would. Three nice guys came to the door. Very polite and respectful! Not one thing was damaged in the move. The guys are very fast yet also careful with my stuff. I actually had to encourage them to take a break and eat something. They also have great patience as I was not 100 percent sure which room I wanted everything and they took the time to move some stuff back and forth. I would highly recommend these guys. I know someone that used them and they told me good things and everything was true. GREAT Job will call you again on my next move!
Fast, efficient and very respectful of property. Extremely courteous and professional. Price came under quote estimate which is unheard of in the moving industry. It was a smooth and painless move. Have recommended them to our real estate agents for future clients Very impressed!